" />

Lecture & Tour

F1 Host agency


Student whose age is between 13 and 18 can come to study in the United States on an F1 visa status. LTI acts as the host agency by performing important functions. After the students coming to the U.S, LTI will serve as the legal guardian of the student by finding the student a suitable American host family that is caring, responsible, and supportive.

Preparation support

Before students coming to the U.S, LTI will give full support in helping the students applying to these schools and get their I-20 form and the F-1 visa, which includes support for standardized test counseling, academic planning, enhancing student background, personal statement consultation, and advising on the application process.

Academic support

LTI has partnered with many great American middle schools and high schools in the state of Massachusetts and Connecticut, including Whitinsville Christian School, St.John's High School, and many others. LTI will also keep close track of the students' academic performance in school and keep their biological parents at home informed by a monthly report.

Daily Life support

LTI will look after the student's daily needs such as transportation, medical attention, food, social life, and entertainment. When a student struggles academically, LTI provides a one-on-one tutor to improve his or her grades at school. Since the program inception in August 2017, LTI has helped more than 40 students from 6 countries, and the number is growing fast.

Frequently asked questions

What is F1 visa status?

An F1 visa is issued to international students who are attending an academic program or English Language Program at a US college or university. F-1 students must maintain the minimum course load for full-time student status.

What are the requirements for student visa in USA?

The United States government offers three student visa types including F, J, and M. Before you can apply for an F, J, or M student visa, you must first apply and be accepted by a U.S. institution of higher education that is certified by the Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVP).

How long does an F1 visa take to process?

The process of applying for an F1 visa can be daunting, as it can take anywhere between 2 months to 10 months. Here are each of the steps broken down. The F1 Visa process begins by applying and gaining admission to a SEVP school.

Does F1 visa require sponsorship?

Most international students are legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer (through CPT, Academic Training, or OPT). But most international students will eventually require visa sponsorship. If a student is underage, an agency or an individual must act as his or her legal guardian in the United States.

What's the requirement for a host family?

We will conduct a thorough background check on our prospective host families. We want out host families to be caring, loving, and supportive toward our international students. If you are interested in becoming a host family, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Our clients say

"I've been with LTI for one and half years now as a host family, and we have hosted two Chinese boys in our house. They are very nice. LTI staff come to the house and do check-in with them. "
Host Family
"I got to become a host family for LTI and had hosted a Chinese girl in one of my bedrooms for 10 months. She was shy and quiet. So sometimes I have to rely on LTI, which has a Chinese speaking staff, to communicate with her. Host families need support such as this to make hosting an enjoyable experience."
Laura broz
Host Family
"Through a friend's recommendation, I came in touch with Lecture & Tour. Mr. Yang is my academic mentor and talks to my parents in China about my life here in America. Very good agency!!!
International Student
Close Menu